Oxford word skills is a series of three books for students to learn, practise and revise new vocabulary. The Oxford word skills – basic was written for elementary and pre-intermediate level of English. There are over 2000 new words or phrases in each level, and all of the material can be used in the classroom or for self-study.
Each book contains 80 units of Vocabulary presentation and practice. Units are between one and three pages long, depending on the topic. New vocabulary is presented in manageable quantities for learners, with practice exercise following immediately, usually on the same page. At the end of each module there further practice exercises in the review units, so that learners can revise and test themselves on the vocabulary learned.
At advanced level, the vocabulary includes:
- A wide range of topics, e.g. behaviour, competitive sport, medical advances
- A range of concepts, e.g. problems and solutions, truth and lies, old and new
- Different fields of academic English, e.g. literature, science, technical English
- An increased focus on different styles of English, e.g. informal English, newspaper journalism, formal letters
- A wide range of idiomatic expressions, with a particular focus on figurative uses of language
- Various aspects of language, e.g. compunds, discourse markets, prepositional phrases
PLEASE LOGIN or SIGN IN to download If not a membership website, please contact us
TABLE OF CONTENTS